Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Zombie Street: Part 4

Quinn was able to show us the leadership abilities he had deep within, because he wasn’t fazed by any of the last few minutes.  Perhaps they weren’t leadership abilities, he might have been sick at heart.  Nevertheless, he got us to help him move furniture in front of the door to blockade it.  We moved a couch from the living room and then placed a filing cabinet in the seat of the plaid cushions.  “I’m not feeling very good” the man said.  Quinn and I looked at the man and I replied, “Why don’t you wash up?  You have blood all over your face.”  He nodded in agreement and wandered down the hall to the bathroom.  “Do you think he’s going to be ok?” I asked Quinn.  “He’s going to have to be, or we’re fucked.”  “What should we do now?” I pondered.  “First off, you need to get rid of that wasp spray.  Second, there are a couple of shields upstairs where I found my sword.  I think those will help us for the time being.”  We skipped up the stairs, two at a time, to find the shields posted on the wall.  In the middle of the two swords was a space where the sword had been.  The shields were both a dark burgundy color with a silver outline.  When we retrieved the first shield from the wall, we realized it weighed about fifty pounds.  “I don’t think this going to help us” I said.  “Yeah, you’re probably right.” Quinn muttered.  We explored the upstairs; the master bedroom was up there along with a couple of other bedrooms.  A small bathroom was separating the two smaller bedrooms so I decided to take a leak.  Many thoughts were going through my mind while I tried to avoid the mildew smell the bathroom produced.  How are we going to get out of here? Am I going to die tonight?  You kind of get the idea.  Quinn stood watch outside the bathroom as I finished my business.  “Let’s go see how that guy is doing” Quinn said. 

We knocked on the door of the bathroom, and I asked “how you feeling man?”  There wasn’t a response, so Quinn knocked a little louder and we heard a groan.  “Well, this doesn’t seem right.” I said aloud, not to anyone in particular.  Quinn raised his sword and shouted, “Get the fuck out here!”  I looked at Quinn and smiled, my little brother is kind of a bad ass.  Nothing happened except for another groan.  I grabbed my bat and told Quinn to get ready, we were going in.  I went to turn the door knob when Quinn grabbed me.  “Let me go in first, I have the sword” he said.  “I have a bat, and I know how to use it.  Maybe I should get my wasp spray, it could stun him” I replied.  Quinn shook his head like I was an idiot.  I turned around to go get the wasp spray when I heard the shattering of wood.  I looked back and Quinn had kicked open the door with a stunned look on his face.  “What is it?” I whispered.  “I think he’s sleeping” Quinn answered.  I peeked my head into the floral patterned bathroom.  The man was on the floor, but he was twitching a little bit.  It smelled of dried blood and vomit.  I poked him with the blunt end of the bat and nothing happened.  “Hey, get up bud, we have to find a way out of here” I mumbled.  The man groaned again.  Quinn nudged him with his right foot; a hand shot out and grabbed Quinn by the ankle.  “Ahhh!” Quinn yelped.  The man’s eyes opened and I think we both realized that this man was indeed, a zombie!  “Get him off of me!” Quinn screamed.  I didn’t know what to do so I hit the man in the elbow with my bat.  I wasn’t able to take a big swing because of the tight space.  I think it made the man angry, if zombies get angry, that is.  He started to pull Quinn closer to him.  Quinn suddenly lifted his sword and drove it through the man’s chest like it was a toothpick stabbing a cube of cheese.  The man groaned again and but didn’t stop pulling.  I was guessing that zombies had super human strength.  “You need to cut his head off!” I screamed.  Quinn pulled his sword up again but was starting to lose his footing.  With out a lot of time to think, I tackled Quinn into the hallway.  His sword flew into the bathroom while his body went down the hallway with me.  We both crawled into the kitchen and hid behind the center island.  “What do we do now?” Quinn said through heavy breathing.  He didn't look  like a badass anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment